Sayings Of Mine
- The past looks more peaceful than today, but only because
we know that most of the things people worried about in the past never
happened. Today is the peaceful past of the future.
- I see patterns in life that many others don't see.
Of course, that also means I often don't make any sense.
- When playing a role in Dickens A Christmas Carol, I
found it strange I could walk on stage almost unchanged. I
already had leather boots, cotton pants, a wool overcoat,
scarf, and no watch. I just put on a top hat and I was in the
- When I was a child, our school had a classroom for retarded
people. Even at that young age, I realized I could already do
things they would never be able to do. I decided then I wasn't
going to use my talents to compete with people, to win, but to
- Acting too swiftly is haste, and acting too slowly is
passivity. Most people think haste is a bigger risk than
passivity. I am not so sure.
- It is a valuable skill to be able to take the best
character traits of admirable people, and make them your
- If athletic ability were as important to adults as it is to
children, I would be homeless right now.
- Many people can't admit mistakes. They believe
admission is a sign of weakness. On the contrary,
admitting your mistakes is a sign of confidence. Not
admitting them is a sign of weakness.
- Among states, Pennsylvania has the highest percentage of
native residents. It is a mysterious land which strongly
grips its people, and humbles them.
- I am amazed at the number of husbands who use their wives
as a revenue source.
- One of my boys was giving my wife trouble regularly.
We suspected he was not getting enough attention. By
laying down with him at night until he falls asleep, he no
longer causes any problems. If I stop laying down with
him, the trouble returns. This shows how even small
things we do have a huge impact on our children.
- It never hurts to ask for advice. You may learn
- I make most of my mistakes when I am tired or rushed.
- I once worked at McDonald's. I was terrible.
The other cooks ran circles around me, though they weren't
great students. I realized I wasn't good at doing several
things at the same time.
- If you are reliable, honest, and hard working, you will
always find a job.
- Many people climb hills, thinking if they reach the top of
the hill, they will be happy. Once they get to the top,
they realize they aren't happy, but they see another hill and
think if they can just climb that hill, they will be
happy. They never realize climbing hills is never going
to make them happy.
- Working at home requires discipline. It's like being
a farmer. You're at home all day, and you work
- What good is a great job if your family isn't happy?
- I would rather dig ditches than work for an evil
- What are my career plans? I am going to be dead some
day. I don't have any big plans.
- Some people could have the simple job of just turning on a
sprinkler every day, and still complain about it.
- When problems occur, they teach military pilots to remain
calm and do nothing. Analyze the problem, and only then
take corrective action. Too many pilots quickly react to
minor problems, making things worse. This is good
advise for handling computer problems too.
- People love to complain. They rarely give
- If you enjoy being with someone, tell them. It's
obvious, but people don't do it.